This large, on a European scale, Railway Museum was established in 2005 within the facilities of the historic locomotive depot of 1908 in Jaworzyna Śląska in the Lower Silesia Region. The Museum is located on the railway sites of over 2 hectares with preserved railway infrastructure, locomotive depot buildings and technical facilities. The collection comprises of over 120 rail vehicles from 1880 to the 70s of the 20th century. Since 2015, with the use of a Tkt48/18 steam locomotive, which was renovated by the Museum on its own, and historic cars of the 20s of the 20th century, the Museum offers regular tourist transport to various attractive places in Silesia. In the years 2015 – 2017, over 30,000 tourists from Poland and abroad took advantage of our historic transport offer.
ACCOMMODATION – VILLA FISCHER
The Fischer Villa comes from 1902. It was constructed by Paul Fischer, industrialist from Jaworzyna and owner of, among others, a nearby gravel plant, who operated before 1945. The villa houses 8 period and comfortable single and double guest rooms. Each room is equipped with a bathroom and has access to kitchen facilities and a garden. The villa is located 100 metres from the Industry and Railway Museum.
JAWORZYNA ŚLĄSKA – FIRST RAILWAY JUNCTION IN POLAND
Jaworzyna Śląska is the oldest railway junction in Poland, which dates back to the first half of the 19th century. In 1843, a railway line from Wrocław to Świebodzice was launched on the initiative of Silesian industrial circles. It was to enable the export of textile products, coal and coke from the Sudeckie Foreland. The town was constructed around the railway station by accident. At the beginning, it was only a railway station for nearby Świdnica and Strzegom. With the years, the settlement grew into an industrial small town. Thanks to its favourable location near the railway line and deposits of coal and kaolin, a china factory was established in Jaworzyna Śląska in 1863. Today, 155 years later, the factory still manufactures and offers top quality products. The railway station has been one of the key railway junctions in Silesia to date.
OUR ROLLING STOCK FLEET
All routes are operated by the Railway Museum in Silesia with our historic fleet, including:
- TKt48-18 steam locomotive (1951)
- Bi29 28 377 passenger car (1930)
- Ci28 23 858 passenger car (1928)
- Ci28 27 492 passenger car (1928)
TKt48-series steam locomotives were designed to pull passenger trains within large urban agglomerations and light cargo trains on mountain routes in 1948. The first locomotives were bought by the Polish Railway in 1951 and were used till the 80s of the 20th century all over Poland. They started dynamically and could drive in both directions with the same speed. TKt48-18 comes from the first production series and was manufactured in the Joseph Stalin Metal Production Plant in Poznań in 1951. In 1964, it was acquired by MD Jelenia Góra and has been in the Lower Silesia Region since then. The locomotive was acquired by the Railway Museum in 2010 in good working order. In the years 2013-2014, it was repaired and a boiler was replaced. Since 2015, it has been used to operate regular railway lines of special trains.
Ci28 / Bi29 cars are German passenger cars of standard construction and were designed in the 20s in Germany. The cars have a joint chassis which can be developed, as necessary, with passenger, luggage or post boxes. Till 1945, they were only in the possession of the German railway. After the Second World War, as part of war reparations, they were handed over, among others, to the Polish railway and were used till the 80s of the 20th century. The cars owned by the Museum were reconstructed in the years 2015-2016.
For more informations plese contact:
Deputy Director of Heritage Conservation Museum of Railway on Silesia
0048 534 401 666